A+ A A-

    I am getting married soon / have recently married, and my husband would like to adopt my child from a previous relationship. How do I go about this?
    In order to start a step-parent adoption, you must first get assessed for a Declaration of Eligibility and Suitability. In order to arrange an assessment, please contact your local Adoption Services in Tusla - The Child and Family Agency or relevant Accredited Body. To find the address of your local Adoption Services you can click here. You should also read the information in the Step Family adoption section of this website.
    I am a widow / widower who has recently remarried. Can my spouse adopt my child from my previous marriage?
    My foster child / step child is over 18 years of age. Can I adopt them?
    How do I get a copy of my Adoption Certificate / my child’s Adoption Certificate?
    I/We submitted our original Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificate as part of an adoption application, can we have these documents returned to us?
    How do I go about applying to adopt a baby?
    How much does it cost to adopt in Ireland?
    How long will it take to finalise my adoption application?
    I am pregnant / have just had a child and am considering adoption / have a relative who is considering adoption. Who should I talk to about having my child adopted?
    The Department of Social Protection won’t accept my Adoption Certificate. Why is this, and how do I get the appropriate certificate?

    Mission Statement

    " To ensure the provision of the highest possible standards of adoption related services, throughout the lifelong adoption process, with the best interests of children as the first and paramount objective."